This page used to have some great language about transforming and a great society, and I'm all for making America Greater, and I don't mean whiter by that. But that I even have to say something like what I don't mean is exactly the point.
Yes, I am about: Freedom, Opportunity, Security. And you can navigate to the blog for more of my thoughts, or take a gander at the growing platform or positions pages, soon to be merged.
But I wrote a post last week and it's really crystallized things for me. The essence of our campaign is this:
Don't be a Blockhead
Basically, our politicians should think about what a good parent should do, informed by experts in this, and then should provide us the space to be the best parents we can be, if that's what we want. Second, they should avoid doing things that provide incentives to stupid action. That means things like:
- Letting us decide how our kids should play, and providing us some open space to do this, like keeping up our national parks, and at the local level, maybe having a playground or baseball field, or basketball court.
- Letting our kids learn to make up their own games, and play and compete with each other.
- Not creating incentives for us to take on unsustainable debt.
- Providing us a basically even playing field.
- Not rewarding unreasonably risky behavior.
- Not letting other people gamble with our futures.
- Not giving bullies a free pass.
- Letting us choose to make our own mistakes.
- Not deciding for us what our best path is.
- Not giving our inheritance to someone else.
- Letting people who can contribute, and want to contribute, and who stand for what we stand for, take part.
- Not acting unfairly.
I'll flesh out some of these ideas as we go forward. But I think this is a good start.
In the meantime, if you're interested in being a part of this “No Blockheads” movement, just reach out. I'l love to hear from you.
Brought to you by:
Herz for President
The Only liberal Candidate of the Republican Party